For the purpose of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), the controller of your data is Lasso Rights, Ltd., a company registered in England and Wales under company number 04378213 whose registered office is the 10th Floor, The Met Building. 22 Percy Street, London, W1T 2BU.
All your data will be held and used in accordance with the GDPR and any relevant national laws which implement the GDPR and any legislation that replaces it in whole or in part.
I. Information collection
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of information:
- Information You Provide. You may give us information about you by:
- completing your profile on our website (including your name, email address, phone number, location, social media accounts and/or website, the communication content and metadata associated with the communication)
- subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address)
- corresponding with us via email, phone or otherwise and
- entering into or negotiating to enter into a business relationship with us (including your name, address, email address, phone number, social media accounts and/or website, account name, nickname, information about preferences, and information from your agent or manager if applicable, start and end date of agreements made, bank details, and impressions on your social media accounts relating to marketing posts (including the amount of views, engagements, etc.) you have agreed to provide us with)
- Information We Collect. We may collect, store and use the following kinds of information:
- your IP address and non-personal identification information about you whenever you interact with our Site and our subsites you may have access to, including your operating system, browser type and download errors.
- if you are a Rights Holder, data needed to pay royalties, and those amounts from various social media platforms.
- Information We Receive from Other Sources. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, clients, vendors, consultants, and other service providers) and may receive information about you from them.
II. Use of Information
- Information You Provide. We will use this information:
- to send periodic emails, which may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. that you have subscribed to. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can use the detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased
- to approach you for new collaborations
- to audit the performance of a marketing campaign by measuring impressions
- and to notify you about changes to our service and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages
- Information We Collect. We will use this information:
- to administer and improve our Site — we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you
- and as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
- Information We Receive from Other Sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
III. Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
In accordance with GDPR, the main grounds that we rely upon in order to process your information are as follows:
- Necessary for entering into or performing a contract. In order to perform obligations which arise under any contract we have entered into with you, it will be necessary for us to process your information.
- Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation. We are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us to process your information. We may also be obliged by law to disclose your information to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency.
- Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests. Either we or a third party will need to process your information for the purposes of our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests, provided that we have established that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms (including your right to have your information protected). Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and enquiries from you or a third party, optimising our website and user experience, informing you about our services and ensuring that our operations are conducted in an appropriate and efficient manner.
- Consent. In some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your information in a particular way.
IV. Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in Section 1159 of the UK Companies Act of 2006. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, clients, Influencers, and subcontractors for performance of any contract we enter into with them or with you
- In the event, we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If Lasso or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by about its clients, suppliers, subcontractors and the influencers it works with will be one of the transferred assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions or terms and conditions of service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lasso, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
V. Data Security and International Transfer
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to protect your information and prevent unauthorized access. Nevertheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
To the extent that any of your data is provided to third parties outside the EEA, or accessed by third parties from outside the EEA, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place in accordance with the GDPR (such as the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses, or the EU/US Privacy Shield).
VI. Cookies, Third Party Services and Features and Analytics
- Third Party Services and Features. Our Site contains hyperlinks to websites, locations, platforms and services operated and owned by third parties (“Third Party Services”). In addition, we maintain social media profiles with features that allow you interact with, connect to, or access these social media profiles through certain Third Party Services and third party devices (“Third Party Features”). For example, you interact with a Third Party Services when you “like” or “share” content over social media. Remember that third parties may use tracking technologies independently to collect information about you and use such information.
VII. Data Retention
We will only retain your information as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. The criteria we use to determine retention periods will be determined by the nature of the data and the purposes for which it is kept, the sensitivity of the data and the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure.
VIII. Your Rights
- Right of Access. You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Right of Correction or Completion. If personal information we hold about you is not accurate or is out of date and requires amendment or correction you have a right to have the data corrected or completed.
- Right of Erasure. In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that personal information we hold about you is erased.
- Right to Object to Processing. In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your information. For example, you have a right to object if the processing of your data is for direct marketing purposes or our using your information on the basis of our legitimate interests or those of a third party.
- Right Restrict Processing. In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask that we restrict our processing of your personal information. For example, you may contest the accuracy of your personal data and ask us to restrict the processing of such data while we are in the process of verifying its accuracy.
- Right of Data Portability. In certain instances, you have a right to receive any personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have a right to ask us to transmit that information directly to a third party entity.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific purpose at any time.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint. You can lodge a complaint with the UK Information Comissioner’s Officer or with the relevant authority in your country of work or residence if you are unhappy with Lasso’s use of your information.
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post: 10th Floor, The Met Building. 22 Percy Street, London, W1T 2BU
Phone: +31 71 565 9999
You can opt out of receiving certain promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in the emails to click on the unsubscribe link or by sending an email to us at email@example.com with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email.